NEW MILFORD POLICE DEPARTMENT
112 PATROLMAN RAY WOODS DRIVE • NEW MILFORD, NJ 07646
TELEPHONE: 201 261-1400 • FAX: 201 967-7460
BRIAN T. CLANCY
CHIEF OF POLICE
2022 NMPD JUNIOR POLICE ACADEMY
The New Milford Jr. Police Academy is open to all incoming 6th through 8th grade New Milford Middle School Students and will run from Monday, June 27th through Friday, July 1st.
The purpose of this academy program is to build a positive relationship between the New Milford Police Department and the youth of the community as well as encourage good citizenship through criminal justice education and positive interaction between the youth of New Milford and Police Officers.
Our police academy program reinforces core values which build good character by teaching our students about various law enforcement functions and agencies, discipline, motivation, study skills, and how to be able to be a team player in helping build citizen partnerships with the police.
Registration is open until Friday, June 3rd or until all available spaces are filled.
Max of 75 spaces available – to be filled on a 1st come 1st serve basis.
• Applicant must be a New Milford Resident entering 6th – 8th grade in September
• $60.00 fee per student
• You MUST provide a lunch for your child every day.
• Scheduled trips: NYPD Emergency Service Unit, US Coast Guard, Bergen County Police & Fire
Academy and NJ Jackals.
• TeamSnap will be used for all communication and to provide the daily itinerary. Please be sure to update your child’s availability for each event.
• Arrival time Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday will be at 8:00am and Thursday at 5:30pm for check in prior to trip departure.
• Pick up time Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday will be promptly at 3:30pm and Thursday at 10:00pm.
• Groups will be assigned the first day of the academy.
• Uniform T-Shirts & backpacks will be distributed the first day of camp and are expected to be worn every day.
• The recruits WILL have some daily physical exercise (push-ups, sit-ups, etc.)
• Any medical infringements must be communicated on the registration form.
• Please review the Code of Conduct with your child as it will be strictly enforced. The School Resource Officers reserve the right to remove your child from the program if they continue to violate The Code of Conduct agreement.
• All COVID safety protocols shall be adhered to by all students & staff as per state guidelines.
• All questions should be directed to nmpdjrpoliceacademy